The Physical Performance Show: Dr Dan Plews – Low CHO diet: Right Fuel-Right Time Approach
Episode 352 of The Physical Performance Show is an Expert Edition featuring Dr Dan Plews sharing Low CHO diet: Right Fuel-Right Time Approach.
Dr Dan Plews is a World Acclaimed Scientist, Applied Exercise Physiologist and Long-Course Triathlon Coach, he recently coached the current 2022 Ironman World Champion Chelsea Sodaro to victory.
Scientifically, Dr Plews has over 30 peer reviewed publications to his name and has worked with more than 25 world and Olympic title winning athletes across a variety of sports.
I spent time with Dr Dan Plews in New Zealand at the Endure IQ Headquarters alongside his athlete Javier Gomez, and we discussed ‘How does a long course triathlete best optimise their fat oxidation whilst doing it safely to ensure daily energy requirements are met and what are the upsides to this approach?’. I watched Dan train in person, he lives and breathes this and the results speak for themselves.
To listen to Episode 352:
Listen in as we delve into the following:
- Physiology around fuelling and different substrates that fuel training and performance
- Dan’s view on carbohydrates while exercising
- S Fuels background and Dan’s involvement
- Top 3 Mistakes athletes make training to optimize fat oxidation
- Salt/Sodium ingestion
- Listener Q&A Session
- Dan’s view on using Continuous glucose monitoring devices like Super Sapiens device
- Physical Challenge