Physiotherapy for Shoulder Pain and Injury
If you are suffering from shoulder pain physiotherapy can help. Physiotherapy will in many cases help you fully rehabilitate and get back to your physical best. In some cases physiotherapy may not be able to ‘fix’ your shoulder pain or injury, but rather it can assist you in maximising the function of your shoulder and reduce your pain. An example of this might be an osteoarthritic shoulder.
Our physiotherapy services can help you with the below common shoulder injuries:
- rotator cuff tendon injuries (full thickness and partial thickness tears, and post surgery)
- sub acromial bursitis (shoulder bursitis)
- shoulder impingement
- sports shoulder injuries (swimmers and throwers shoulders, strains and sprains)
- osteoarthritis of the gleno-humeral and acromio-clavicular (AC) joints
- AC joint injuries
- shoulder subluxation
- shoulder dislocation
- frozen shoulder
- glenoid labrum injuries
- acute calcific tendonopathy
- tendon pathologies (tendonosis and tendinopathy)
- Nerve entrapments
For some helpful shoulder resources check out our shoulder related articles.
We also have a library of self-help physiotherapy videos including shoulder pain tips and self-help strategies.