What does an Accredited Practicing Dietitian & Nutritionist do?
A dietitian is a qualified health professional trained to provide nutrition and dietary advice. They use their knowledge to help assist people in reaching optimal health and performance through food and nutrition.
Dietitians in Australia undertake a four-year Bachelor Degree, which includes supervised and assessed professional practice in clinical nutrition, medical nutrition therapy and food service management.
A dietitian can discuss the confusion surrounding food and fad diets found in the media. They can help you to understand how your body works and how nutrition helps to nourish athletes of all levels, healthy individuals, and those with medical conditions.
At POGO, we can help to develop a personalised plan tailored to your body’s needs, your lifestyle and athletic goals.
- Individual, personalised nutrition consultations
- Nutritional status analysis
- Personalised meal plans
- Practical, sustainable, evidence-based advice
- Food budgeting advice
- Food packaging label reading
- Simple portion-size control tips
- Tips for eating out/takeaway meals
- Goal setting
- Counselling and encouragement
- Body measurements and monitoring
- Sports nutrition in endurance events (triathlon, ironman, running, cycling, swimming)
- Nutrition for injury management and optimal recovery
- Female athlete nutrition (RED-S, female triad, amenorrhea)
- Weight loss and maintenance
- Healthy eating and wellbeing advice
- Allergies and intolerances
Dietetic Consultation Pricing:
Medicare rebates and health fund rebates apply for private health insurance holders.
1hr initial consultation – $139.00
45-minute follow-up consultation – $105.00