VO2 Max is the Gold Standard of Cardiovascular Fitness and Aerobic Endurance Testing
The VO2 max test analyses the maximum amount of oxygen that an individual can utilise during intense or maximal exercise. It is commonly used as a key performance indicator for endurance sports due to its crucial role in aerobic performance, as a larger VO2max directly correlated to better performance. During this test, you will:
- Learn YOUR individualised heart rate/power/pace training zones (not the generic 220-age HRmax)
- Maximise YOUR training effectiveness (5 hours of specific training is more effective than 15 hours of generalised training)
- Identify YOUR physiological strengths and weaknesses (and how to turn your weaknesses into strengths)
This is an incremental exercise test, which means we start at a low intensity and gradually increase through stages of intensity as discussed pre-test with primary tester until you reach exhaustion. Your oxygen consumption, heart rate, power output, ventilation and energy expenditure data is recorded constantly and can be checked live throughout the exercise test. We offer treadmill and stationary bike options to undertake the test.
What you get with VO2 Max Testing at POGO Physio:
- A detailed summary report with all of your results including heart rate and power/pace training zones and graphs will be emailed to you within 3 days of testing.
- An easy to understand interpretation of your results and how to use your training zones.
- An up-to-date insight into your aerobic capabilities, such as strengths and areas for improvement.
To schedule your Vo2 Max Testing session you can book online or phone or email our friendly administration team 07 5572 0133 or firstname.lastname@example.org