What is Whole Body Vibration?
Over the last decade Whole Body Vibration Therapy (WBVT) has emerged as a highly beneficial and effective rehabilitation and fitness method.
To ensure our patients have access to this technology POGO offers patients access to one of the world’s most start of the art rehabilitation and conditioning machines-the GALILEO™ Whole Body Vibration Machine.
Hailing from Germany this technology has been used to rehabilitate NASA astronauts and the world’s leading athletes. Added to this are countless health benefits for people suffering from:
- Lower back pain
- Acute injury tissue injuries (eg ankle sprains, knee injuries)
- Bone injuries (eg stress reactions, stress fractures)
- Tendon problems (eg plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonopathy, patellar tendon problems)
- Falls due to poor balance
The GALILEO™ can is also widely used for fitness and for optimising sports performance. At POGO we have had many World and Australian Champions, and even Olympians such as Dual Australian Triathlon representative Emma Moffat (pictured) enjoy the benefits of the GALILEO™.
The GALILEO™ is a truly unique concept that has been well proven in studies from universities worldwide.
Proven GALILEO™ Benefits include:
- Increased muscle strength
- Increased bone strength
- Increased explosive power
- Increased tendon strength
- Up to 460% increase in growth hormone production
- Up to 7% increase in testosterone production
- 100-150% increase in peripheral blood flow
- Increased balance control in the elderly and post ACL repair
- Increased jump height ability
- Cortisol levels decreased by 30%
- Decreased low back pain
- Decreased diastolic blood pressure
- Treatment of stress incontinence
- Muscle lengthening
- Neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s
- Increased lumbar proprioception
How Does The GALILEO™ Work?
The GALILEO™ works by tilting on a central axis and so producing a tilting action as it vibrates. The frequency of the tilt and the amplitude can be varied depending on the effect required. The frequency is between 5 and 30 Hz and the amplitude 0-13mm. Low frequencies are used for balance control, medium low for circulation and from 18 Hz up for muscle strengthening. Low amplitude is best for bone strengthening and less strong individuals and higher amplitudes for stronger individuals.
The GALILEO™ can provide results in just two 30 minute sessions per week. Because of this it’s highly effective for the busy person. Ask your POGO Physio whether the GALILEO™ may benefit part of your program.
Click HERE to learn more about the benefits of the GALILEO™ .
The benefits of whole body vibration therapy for osteoporosis sufferers-click HERE.
The benefits of whole body vibration on achilles tendon healing -click HERE.
To schedule your whole body vibration therapy session book online HERE