It is a little known fact however 1 in 3 women experience women’s health problems including incontinence during their lifetime. Unfortunately many women suffer in silence for years either being too embarrassed to seek professional assistance or because they are simply unaware that help exists.
Women’s health physiotherapy covers areas relating to pregnancy (obstetrics) and gynaecology. If you are suffering from any of the following we can help you:
- Pregnancy related aches and pains: back pain, pelvic pain, sciatica, or carpal tunnel syndrome. These are all so common during pregnancy.
- Bladder, bowel, and pelvic floor dysfunction causing incontinence, pain, pelvic organ prolapse, or sexual dysfunction.
POGO PREGNANCY CARE:
- Advice and treatment for back, neck, rib and pelvic girdle pain.
- Advice and treatment for nerve problems such as Sciatica and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (pain, pins and needles or numbness in the hands).
- Physical preparation for labour (positions for labour, breathing techniques, massage, relaxation, TENS).
- Pelvic Floor exercises and training to prevent and treat incontinence.
- Pregnancy pilates and massage.
- Ante natal exercise classes.
- Treatment for back, neck and pelvic pain and practical advice relating to breast-feeding and carrying your baby and improving your posture.
- Post-natal abdominal retraining with real-time ultrasound following a C-Section delivery and for rectus diastasis separation of abdominal muscles).
- Pelvic Floor Training – for incontinence, prolapse, pelvic pain or following perineal trauma during delivery.
- Individualised and safe ‘return to exercise’ programmes and Post-natal pilates and exercise classes.
POGO GYNAELOGICAL CARE
Treatment of incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic pain including:
- Pelvic Floor Training (using Kegal exercises, real-time ultrasound, EMG biofeedback, muscle simulation and cones).
- Bladder Training/retraining for overactive bladder syndrome.
- Safe rehabilitation following pelvic floor surgery or hysterectomy.
At POGO we can help women break the cycle of suffering in silence. EMILY GEORGOPOULOS is highly passionate and skilled at helping women resolve their problems. Women who seek Emily’s assistance report significant improvements in their quality of life.
Our service is highly confidential and it respects the sensitive nature of these problems. If you would like to speak with Emily in confidence before attending please call Emily on 07 5572 0133 or email her direct at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So whether you are a pre or post natal woman or you are dealing with the challenges that a maturing body can bring please do not suffer in silence. We’re here to help with effective solutions for all women.
Visit our BLOG for great women’s health physiotherapy tips and insights.