The Physical Performance Show: Dr Alison Grimaldi – Gluteal Tendinopathy Rehabilitation
In episode 360 of The Physical Performance Show Brad Beer shares a conversation with Dr Alison Grimaldi.
Dr Alison Grimaldi, Principal Physiotherapist at PhysioTec in Brisbane, Australia, adjunct Senior Research Fellow at the University of Queensland with over 30 years of professional clinical experience joins us to explore diagnosis assessment and management of the tricky musculoskeletal condition that can affect many endurance athletes, gluteal tendinopathy. Gluteal tendinopathy is pain on the outside and lateral aspect of the hip.
Dr Grimaldi is one of the world’s preeminent experts when it comes to the rehabilitation of hip related injuries.
To listen to Episode 360:
Listen in as we delve into the following:
- Lateral hip pain, gluteal tendinopathy, greater trochanteric pain syndrome definition
- Symptoms gluteal tendinopathy and who is more likely to experience it
- The greater trochanter of the hip
- How best to assess lateral hip pain, gluteal tendinopathy greater trochanteric pain syndrome
- Some key facets to assist being more comfortable and recovery
- Tips on exercise therapy
- Mistakes Alison has seen people making with this presentation
- The use of Corticosteroids
- Ongoing need to stay active across the lifespan
POGO Physio Telehealth Consultations believe that everyone deserves access to complete and remarkable physiotherapy services.
To Follow Dr Alison GrimaldiWebsite: @PhysioTec