The Physical Performance Show: Learnings Catchupasode
In episode 263 of The Physical Performance Show Brad Beer shares the learnings from our Expert Editions that we’ve shared to date in 2021.
It’s been said that repetition is the mother of all learning, and with so many great learnings coming through 2021, we thought it would be great for our learnings as people try to pursue and perform our own physical best if we didn’t gloss over some of the firehose learnings that come out each and every week. But instead at least once a quarter we purposed revision of the key learnings shared to date.
As we look back on this year’s expert additions and the highlights around some of the topics shared and the conversation starters that emerged, we’re kicking off with Episode 252 that featured expert Rory Darkins, Psychology Researcher and Mental Skills Coach, an episode that we dubbed Positive Psychology for the Endurance Athlete. One of the things that really struck a chord for listeners was the difference between harmonious and obsessive passion, how to avoid our own sporting pursuits and physical performance pursuits consuming us and becoming an obsessive type passion, which can have some pitfalls.
To listen to Episode 263:
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE at the links to ensure you get performance insights from our future upcoming exciting guests.
Listen in as we delve into the following:
- Rory Darkins – Psychology Researcher, Mental Skills Coach, Episode 252 of The Physical Performance Show
- Dan Robinson – ENT Surgeon: ‘Navigating nasal obstruction’, Episode 253 of The Physical Performance Show
- Inigo Mujika – ‘Tapering for Endurance Athletes’, Sports Physiologist, Researcher, & Author, Episode 254 of The Physical Performance Show
- Dr Dan Plews – (PhD) Applied Exercise Physiologist, EndureIQ Founder. ‘High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) for Endurance Athletes’, Episode 256 of The Physical Performance Show
- Renee McGregor – Leading Sports Dietitian & Author, Episode 258 of The Physical Performance Show
- Will O’Connor – Dr Will O’Connor, Sports Scientist, ‘Running with Power’, Episode 260 of The Physical Performance Show
Show Sponsor: Precision Hydration
There isn’t a one-size-fits all approach to hydration for athletes, which is why Precision Hydration help athletes refine their hydration strategy for whatever event they’re training for. Take the free online Sweat Test at precisionhydration.com to receive your own personalized hydration strategy and get 15% off your first order of electrolytes that match how you sweat by using the code PERFORMANCE15.
Book a free 20-minute video call with a Sweat Expert who will be happy to help you refine your strategy for training and racing.
To follow Rory Darkins
To follow Dan Robinson
To follow Inigo Mujika
To follow Dan Plews
Previous Episode: The Physical Performance Show Ep #213
Website: Plews and Prof
To follow Renee McGregor
To follow Dr Will O’Connor
Website and Podcast: Performance Advantage Podcast
3:45 Rory Darkins
9:15 Dr Dan Robinson
13:35 Inigo Mujika
20:05 Dan Plews
27:08 Renee McGregor
33:30 Will O’Connor