The Physical Performance Show: Dr Stephen Seiler: Intensify or Extensify: the Concept of Durability
In episode 317 of The Physical Performance Show Brad Beer shares a conversation with Dr Stephen Seiler around Intensify or Extensify: the Concept of Durability in this Expert Edition.
In this episode, we speak with Dr Stephen Seiler who is introducing this term of durability to us. What does it mean exactly? How do you define it? Why is it that we know it when we say it? And what are the training methods we can use to induce adaptations towards it?
On 2nd April 2022 we are hosting a 3 hour live stream event with Dr Stephen Seiler on “Durability and high intensity repeatability in endurance training”. During this event we will be covering 4 modules:
- Understanding the Big Training Picture for Long Term Development.
- How low and How Long for “The 80%”?
- High Intensity Training Sessions: Intensify or Extend?
- Training Monitoring: Train-Eat-Sleep-Adjust
- Followed by a Q&A
There is still time to register for this event, click here
To listen to Episode 317:
Listen in as we delve into the following:
- Discussing the Livestream Event topic – Durability & High Intensity Repeatability
- Discussing his publication – “The Importance of ‘Durability’ in the Physiological Profiling of Endurance Athletes”
- “fatigue resistance” and whether it’s interchangeable with the concept of durability and high intensity repeatability?
- The term and concept “Stochastic”
- Training Methods and Fuelling
- Discussing the term “durability”
- Where Dr Seiler would like to see the research go exploring the concept of durability
- Livestream Module teaser – “Understanding the big train picture for long term development”
Headline Sponsor: POLAR
Polar are a sports technology company who build world class heart rate monitors and GPS watches for people who take their health, fitness and sports performance seriously. Coming from the heart of the Nordics, they have the experience, insight, and history of quality, design and innovation which is unparalleled. Worn by some of the best athletes on the planet, we’re very excited to have Polar as a partner here so you can also access their heart rate monitors, watches and training platform.
As a starting bonus, the team at Polar are offering 15% off. If it’s time for you to check out a new heart rate monitor or watch to help improve your performance, head across to Polar.com and use the code TPPS on selected products.
Featured Sponsor: Earshots
Lock on, train on & rock on with Earshots.
They have you covered for staying motivated while you train
Their patented Magnetic ear clip means you can push your limits without being distracted by annoying cords or earbuds that fall out.
Use the code PERFORMANCE at Earshots.com for 10% off your purchase