The Physical Performance Show: Troy Bayliss – Three Times World Superbike Champion
Episode 9: Troy Bayliss – Three Times World Superbike Champion
Brad Beer recently sat down with Troy Bayliss – Three Times World Superbike Champion for Episode 9 of The Physical Performance Show podcast.
Brad has a fire-side chat with Troy, discussing the highs and lows of his journey as a Three Times World Superbike Champion, British Superbike Champion, MotoGP Winner, & 52 World Superbike wins!
To listen to Episode 9
To listen to the full interview on I -Tunes click HERE>>
To listen to the interview on Soundcloud click HERE>>
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to ensure you get our future upcoming exciting guests!
In this episode Troy shares:
- What scares the fastest man on 2 wheels?
- A remarkable 33% win/start ratio.
- Riding the bike like a piano.
- Why Troy took until age 35 yrs to understand himself as an athlete.
- Cornering at 65-80km/hr at the slowest.
- Riding was like being in a push up position with someone sitting on your back.
- Hitting a top speed of 347km/hr.
- Why crashing at 80km/hr can be better than crashing at 160km/hr.
- More skin off on push bikes than motorcycles.
- How Troy has been hurt more riding dirt bikes in the last 4 years.
- ‘I was always superior but I used to leave it out there in the training’.
- Racing against Max Biaggi as a rival.
- Why Troy sometimes didn’t sleep well.
- Marrying Kym, Troy’s childhood sweetheart.
- The role of Darrell Healy and the Ducati team, Troy’s team manager who through until the end of Troy’s career never took a cent as a manager.
- Receiving a British Superbike invitation.
- Riding against Carl Fogarty as a rival, and why Troy wanted his job.
- Racing Monza 2000
- The first professional win at Hockenheim Germany after meeting the team 2 weeks before.
- Winning the first world Superbike championship title at 28yrs, in 2001 & what was going through Troy’s head
- Winning at MotoGP
- Staying hungry for three world championship titles
- Making the difficult decision to retire, knowing that potentially there were another two world titles to win.
- Life after the motorbike-cycling, family, and business.
- What’s next for Troy Bayliss.
- The Troy Bayliss Classic
To follow Troy Bayliss
For questions and comments about this Episode
Send to to the show host @Brad_Beer (Twitter)