The Physical Performance Show: 10 – Luke Webb – Australia’s first Red Bull Crashed Ice Athlete
Episode 10: Australia’s first Red Bull Crashed Ice Athlete – Luke Webb
Brad Beer recently sat down with Luke Webb – Australia’s first Red Bull Crashed Ice Athlete for Episode 10 of The Physical Performance Show podcast.
Brad has a fire-side chat with Luke, discussing the highs and lows of his journey as Australia’s first Red Bull Crashed Ice Athlete, how he came to be an ice skater and how he trains in a hot climate!
To listen to Episode 10
To listen to the full interview on I -Tunes click HERE>>
To listen to the interview on Soundcloud click HERE>>
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to ensure you get our future upcoming exciting guests!
In this episode Luke shares:
- What is Ice Crash Downhill?
- What is the history and how did the sport start?
- Redbull is the major sponsor behind the sport
- How did you come across the sport and how did you start to do it?
- Have you ever been on ice skates previously?
- When did you first set skate on an ice crash course?
- Describe the course in New Brunswick?
- How Luke reached the top 64 in February 2016
- What is the crushed ice tour?
- Are Crushed Ice Athletes full time athletes or do they work as well?
- When does the next competition start?
- How Luke got championship points to get into the next tour.
- Luke’s full time job is as a Chemical Metallurgy Engineer, what do you do in Metallurgy?
- What does your training look like?
- How Luke trains in Australia (a hot climate)
- Why Rollerblading on a BMX track makes great training
- Has there been a period in your career where your training has waned?
- What does your family think of the sport?
- What Sports Luke played growing up?
- How Luke got sponsorship?
- Luke is the top ranked athlete in Australia.
- The sport is looking at becoming an Olympic Sport
- Why the St Paul Track was the most extreme
- Why Luke Skated Hard and Landed Hard!
- The Top Speeds are 65 to 75km per hour.
- Why Luke wants to be his best self!
- What are the other extreme sports that inspire you?
- What is on Luke’s sporting bucket list?
To follow Luke Webb
Support Luke on his journey at Go Fund Me.
|2:34||What is Ice Crash Downhill?|
|3:11||How did the sport start? What is the history? Why did you get into it?|
|4:10||Redbull is the major sponsor behind the sport|
|5:27||Had you ever been on ice skates previously?|
|6:35||When did you first set skate on an ice crash course?|
|8:15||Describe the course in New Brunswick?|
|12:00||What is the crushed ice tour?|
|12:55||Are you a full time athlete or do you work as well?|
|16:45||What do you do in Metallurgy?|
|17:15||What does your training look like?|
|19:00||Tell us what your training schedule entails?|
|25:20||What does your family think of the sport?|
|29:40||Is this an Olympic Sport?|
|35:45||Is this an extreme sport? What are the other extreme sports that inspire you?|
|37:35||What is on your Bucket list?|
For questions and comments about this Episode
Send to to the show host @Brad_Beer (Twitter)