The Physical Performance Show: Non Stanford (2013 World Triathlon Series & 2022 European Champion)
In episode 348 of The Physical Performance Show Brad Beer shares a conversation with Non Stanford (2013 World Triathlon Series & 2022 European Champion) in this Featured Performer Edition.
Non Stanford was the 2013 World Triathlon Series Champion and in 2022 just months before her final professional race, she became the European Triathlon Champion. Two weeks prior, Non picked up a silver medal representing Wales in the mixed team triathlon at the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
Across Non’s professional triathlon career, she has been a 13x medalist on the World Triathlon Series Circuit taking line honours in World Triathlon Series races such as Hamburg, London, and Madrid.
Non is transitioning into an assistant coaching role with British Triathlon at the Leeds Triathlon Centre, you’d be hard pressed to find a more affable, generous and better ambassador for sport and all that it brings.
To listen to Episode 348:
Listen in as we delve into the following:
- Non’s upcoming retirement and transition into a coaching role
- Her career mistakes
- Reflecting on her career and how it all began
- Non’s most important career race
- Reflecting on her career with Joel Filliol Training
- Non’s career lows and challenges
- Reflecting on becoming the European Triathlon champion in Munich
- Advice to an athlete dealing with disappointment
- Top tips on getting the most of the team around you
- The indicators that lead to Non realising it was time to end her career
- Non shares around her knee injury
- Non’s career training timetable
Polar are a sports technology company who build world class heart rate monitors and GPS watches for people who take their health, fitness and sports performance seriously. Coming from the heart of the Nordics, they have the experience, insight, and history of quality, design and innovation which is unparalleled. Worn by some of the best athletes on the planet, we’re very excited to have Polar as a partner here so you can also access their heart rate monitors, watches and training platform.Polar are very excited to announce that they are launching two stunning new-generation running watches, the Polar Pacer and Polar Pacer Pro.
As a starting bonus, the team at Polar are offering 15% off. If it’s time for you to check out a new heart rate monitor or watch to help improve your performance, head across to Polar.com and use the code TPPS on selected products.