The Physical Performance Show: Professor Peter Ebeling-Endocrinologist (MBBS, MD, FRACP, AO) ‘Treating low bone density across the lifespan’
In episode 312 of The Physical Performance Show Brad Beer shares a conversation with Professor Peter Ebeling-Endocrinologist (MBBS, MD, FRACP, AO) around ‘Treating low bone density across the lifespan’ in this Expert Edition.
There are only few people on the planet who understand bone better than Prof Peter Ebling. Professor Peter Ebeling, AO, is Head of the Department of Medicine in the School of Clinical Sciences at Monash Health, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences. He was also inaugural Director of the Australian Institute of Musculoskeletal Science (AIMSS).
Peter is clinically available as an Endocrinologist through the Jean Hailes for Women’s Health Clinic in East Melbourne and also holds a role as head of the department of medicine for Monash University at Monash Health.
To listen to Episode 312:
Listen in as we delve into the following:
- His interest in Bone Health and Osteoporosis
- Awareness in Osteoporosis
- What is Osteopenia
- Age groups prone to Osteoporosis
- Analysing 50+ year old with Osteoporosis
- Advise on younger people with low bone density
- Stress injuries on athletes
- Administration of drug injections with Osteoporosis
- Role of blood work in Osteoporosis
- Urine Test and how it connects to Osteoporosis
- What is Osteosarcopenia
- Impact and cost of Osteoporosis in Australia yearly
- Trends in bone loss through de-loading
- Trends in bone marrow edema
- Bone Healing factors
- Best Advice to optimise bone health
- Prof Ebelings’ current projects
- Sleep importance in skeletal health
Headline Sponsor: POLAR
Polar are a sports technology company who build world class heart rate monitors and GPS watches for people who take their health, fitness and sports performance seriously. Coming from the heart of the Nordics, they have the experience, insight, and history of quality, design and innovation which is unparalleled. Worn by some of the best athletes on the planet, we’re very excited to have Polar as a partner here so you can also access their heart rate monitors, watches and training platform.
As a starting bonus, the team at Polar are offering 15% off. If it’s time for you to check out a new heart rate monitor or watch to help improve your performance, head across to Polar.com and use the code TPPS on selected products.
Featured Sponsor: Precision Fuel and Hydration
If you’ve ever struggled with hydration issues like cramp during long, hot sessions, it’s worth checking out precisionhydration.com.
To follow Prof Peter Ebeling
How to make an appointment with Professor Peter Ebeling: jeanhailes