7 Things you need to know about physio!
When many people think about physio, the first thing that normally comes to mind is “oh so you work with athletes”, when in essence physiotherapy is a lot more complex than that. Our scope of practice is quite varied. As physio’s we are involved with everything from incontinence to burns and neurological problems. The following list should give you a quick insight into what you need to know about physio:
- Physiotherapy is not an alternative therapy; it is based on clinical science and research!
- Contrary to popular belief, physios aren’t limited to rehab of sporting injuries and back pain. From pregnancy to neurological problems and everything in between: WE CAN HELP!
- We are the experts when it comes to the human body so whether it be injury prevention or management, restoring range of motion or increasing coordination, strength and balance, we have the tools and knowledge to help.
- As physiotherapists we utilise a range of treatment techniques including: hands on treatment, dry needling, physical modalities, education and also exercise prescription including Pilates.
- The principal aim and goal of physiotherapy is to restore proper functioning of the human body and to maximise quality of life!
- It is essential that you do your home exercise program in combination with physio in order to achieve optimal health. Compliance and dedication is the key!
- Our main focus is and always will be the health of our clients! Our goal is your goal = a shared passion!
“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” Jim Rohn
By Lizzie Cooper (APAM)