The Physical Performance Show: Phil Southerland – CEO Supersapiens
Episode 344 of The Physical Performance Show is an Expert Edition featuring Phil Southerland, CEO Supersapiens.
Some of the planet’s best endurance athletes are wearing the Supersapiens proprietary device, a circular sensor on the back of their tricep, the world’s first continuous blood glucose monitoring system.
It has been successfully integrated into the training and performance outcomes of the best endurance athletes, Eliud Kipchoge, Kristian Blummenfelt, Gustav Iden, and recently Tobias Foss became the time trial World Champion with Jumbo-Visma, professional road cycling team, having long adopted the Supersapiens technology.
In this episode Phil shares around Wout van Aert and Chris Froome’s integration of Supersapiens into their training and performance, the backstory of product development, and how it shifted from being a medical device to one of the planet’s hottest and must have sports performance devices.
To listen to Episode 344:
Listen in as we delve into the following:
- Supersapiens – The why behind the what
- What the Supersapiens device is measuring
- Timeframes to start utilising the technology
- Top 3 learnings from athletes using the device
- How the device could possibly assist avoid bone stress injury and Low Energy Availability
- Phil expresses to the Coaching Community
- Future of the technology