The Physical Performance Show: Jack March (rheumatology.physio) ‘Rheumatology in Sports’
Episode 343 of The Physical Performance Show is an Expert Edition featuring Jack March (rheumatology.physio) sharing ‘Rheumatology in Sports’.
Jack March is the founder of Rheumatology.Physio and the Director of the Physio Matters ecosystem.
Jack graduated in 2008 from Plymouth University before settling into a specialty in Rheumatology. Jack is a teacher at heart offering full day courses on rheumatology, alongside his clinical work and his extensive work with Physio Matters podcast and ecosystem.
In this episode Jack outlines what rheumatology is, the incidence and prevalence of Rheumatology amongst athletes and the greater population, key rheumatological conditions that athletes may hear about or come across or perhaps even be experiencing themselves including gout, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and much more.
To listen to Episode 343:
Listen in as we delve into the following:
- Why Jack Specialised in Rheumatology
- Definition of Rheumatology
- The Importance of disorders being diagnosed
- The most common conditions
- The Causes and Symptoms of Gout
- The Symptoms, Age, Diagnosis and Management Strategy of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Definition of ankylosing spondyloarthropathy
- Definition and Symptoms Psoriasis
- Definition and Symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s
- Anterior uveitis Signs and Symptoms
- Diagnosis and Management of Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Some things to be thinking or asking if you’re a practitioner
- Tips around suspicion of potential connective tissue disorder presentations