The Physical Performance Show: Dr Stephen Seiler: Acclaimed Sports Scientist: COVID training & marathon considerations
In episode 219 of The Physical Performance Show Brad Beer shares a conversation with Dr Stephen Seiler: Acclaimed Sports Scientist: COVID training & marathon considerations in this expert edition.
To listen to Episode 219:
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE at the links to ensure you get performance insights from our future upcoming exciting guests.
Listen in as we delve into the following:
- Dr Seiler’s TEDx viral talk
- Shift to indoor training
- Staying motivated through COVID & adapting training
- Focus on athletic weaknesses thru uncertainty
- High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) analogous to ‘fresh fruit’: gains can come and go quickly, large stressors on body.
- Getting the quotient of enjoyment to grind right
- The effect on training of life stressors such as COVID
- The importance of athlete non verbals and clear communication with coaches
- Maintaining the chronobiological rhythms of training
- Top 3 COVID Training tips
- The marathon:
- What pace should I aim for?
- What does hitting the wall mean?
- Does everybody hit the wall in a marathon?
- Importance of speedwork for optimal marathon performance
- Dr Seiler upcoming sharings for the Livestream
Show Sponsor POGO Physio Online Telehealth Consultations
POGO Physio believe that everyone deserves access to complete and remarkable physiotherapy services. Our goal is to get you back to your Physical Best. Find out more about our telehealth consultations and book online here>>.
To follow Dr. Stephen Seiler
- Trust the basics
- Don’t burn your matches too early
- Give yourself a break