PILATES TECHNIQUE TIP – PLANK
In this video our Fitness Pilates instructor, Peter gives his tips to get the most out of your planks.
He also goes through some plank variations for you to work up to and to challenge you.
Benefit of Pilates Planks:
Works the arms, shoulders, chest and abdominals to support
- Not suitable for those with shoulder or neck injuries
- Start on the elbows if you have trouble weight bearing through the wrists
- if wrists are straining try turning the hands out slightly
- In case of lower back issues, perform on elbows and knees
- Beginners start on elbows and knees and build up to knees off the floor.
Main concentration points:
- no dipping through the lower back, keep tucking the tail bone and think ribs to hips,
- Keep the shoulder blades pulled down and back and the chest pushed away from the floor
- Eyes looking down at the mat to prevent the chin sticking out or hyperextending of the neck
- Plank Pushups
- Controls Front
You can take your Pilates to the next level with our Fitness Pilates classes with Peter.
Click HERE for more details