Gold Coast Athlete Ambassador Program Launch
Gold Coast Athlete Ambassador Launch Semester 2
We recently welcomed the next intake of aspiring Gold Coast athletes onto the POGO Athlete Ambassador program. The program is designed to help foster the Gold Coast’s aspiring and emerging sporting talent.
The program was borne out of POGO Physio’s Founder and Senior physiotherapist Brad Beer’s own experiences as an aspiring junior triathlete. Brad’s gracious parents regularly supported Brad on a return 3hr trip to the closest local physiotherapist. The costs and commitment required were high, but Brad came to realise that peak physical performance required quality physiotherapy and associated services.
Hence for over 3 years POGO Physio has been by accepting some of the Gold Coast’s hottest sporting talent by application onto a 6 month Athlete Ambassador Program (click HERE to learn more). The program provides successful athletes with subsidies off physiotherapy, clinical pilates, podiatry, and remedial massage therapy services.
Athletes also benefit from priority appointments, 24hr help line, and more.
Congratulations to the following athletes who are the POGO Athlete Ambassador’s for 2015 Semester 2.
- Shannon Eckstein Gold Coast Ironman Legend 8x Nutri Grain Ironman Champion (BMD Northcliffe Surf Life Saving Club)
- Alistair Day 2014 Nutri Grain IronmanChampion, 2015 Coolangatta Gold Champion (Surfers Paradise Surf Life-Saving Club)
- Jordan Harrison Australian Swim Team Member (2013 1500m Australian Champion, Miami Swimming Club Member).
- Nik Greene 2014 Australian U/18 yrs Ironman Champion
- Christie Mackay Long Distance Running
- Sophie Walker Long Distance Running (Bond University)
- Anderson Moquiti Ultramarathon Running
- Sam Weir Ultramarathon Running, Ironman Triathlon
- Olivia Borg Swimming (Miami Swimming Club)
- Dimi Coventry Triathlon (Triathlon QLD Development Squad)
- Chelsea Austin Swimming (Miami Swimming Club)
- Tasmyn Askew Swimming (Miami Swimming Club)
- Jacob Vincent Swimming (Miami Swimming Club)
- Amy Collins Surf Life Saving (Mermaid Beach SLSC)
- Joshua Manning Road Running
- Ben Manning C1 Canoe
- George Nield Cycling (Gold Coast CATS)
- James Nield Triathlon (The Southport School)
- Lilli Brennan Ballroom Dancing
- Jamison Stovin Athletics Race (Walking/Running) Gold Coast Victory Athletics Club
- Joel Lonsdale Running
- Joshua-Kaleb Faulkner Running
- Morgan Gilks CrossFit (RAW Crossfit Southport)
- Blake Jones Swimming (Southport Olympic Swimming Club)
Special thanks to the good folk at Body Science for their support of the launch.
Applications for Semester 1 2016 will open late December (Northcliffe Surf Life Saving Club)
Pictures of the launch are below.