Exercise Physiology – What is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist?
Accredited Exercise Physiologists, or AEPs, have undertaken a degree and clinical experience in exercise prescription for individuals with, or at risk of, chronic disease. They deliver specialised, individualised exercise programs and also help clients modify their lifestyle to maximise their health and well-being.
Services an AEP may offer include:
- General health assessment
- Personalised exercise and physical activity programs tailored to an individual’s personal goals and lifestyle
- Advice on ways to increase physical activity and improve quality of life
- Long-term assessment and modification of exercise programs to ensure an
- Individual is able to progress and remain motivated and engaged
- Group exercise classes
- Liaison with the individual’s referring healthcare practitioner to ensure
- Everyone works together as a team for maximum client benefit
Why Exercise Physiology at a physiotherapy practice?
Here at POGO, we believe physiotherapists and AEPs are the perfect partners. Having an AEP on staff gives clients the opportunity to gradually transition from their physiotherapy care to a long-term, personalised exercise routine in a safe environment with people who know their health history and interests. It also provides the opportunity for clients to get expert advice from a variety of professionals, all in one stop!
Accredited Exercise Physiologist