The Physical Performance Show: Arild Tveiten, Triathlon Norway Sports Director & Head Coach: ‘How to Win Olympic Gold’
In episode 303 of The Physical Performance Show Brad Beer shares a conversation with Arild Tveiten, Triathlon Norway Sports Director & Head Coach sharing around ‘How to Win Olympic Gold’ in this Coaches Corner Edition.
In this episode we have the opportunity to review the Olympic cycle that led to Norway’s success.
Not only did Kristian Blummenfelt take out the Olympic Games gold medal, his fellow athletes all had solid performances making Norway the best performed team individually at the Olympic Games. Kristian Blummenfelt went on to win the overall World Triathlon Series title, to be the only athlete to do so in triathlon history, then smashing the Ironman Triathlon world record in Cozumel, Mexico. Meanwhile, his Olympic teammate Gustav Eden took out his second 70.3 Ironman World Championship title.
To listen to Episode 303:
Listen in as we delve into the following:
- His training with Kenji Nener
- Race Schedules, Training and Preparations
- His pep talks with his athletes
- Importance of the extra 12 months of preparation
- His thought process during Kristian’s race
- What’s changed since Olympic Gold
- What the Team Structure looks like
- Innovations that have come from Limitations
- Optimizing suits for triathlon
- Arild as a model for athletes and creating healthy culture
- His score for Kristian’s performance
- Best advise for potential younger athletes
- 2021 Top tip to perform at The Physical Best
- 2021 Physical Challenge for the Week
Show Sponsor: POLAR
Polar are a sports technology company who build world class heart rate monitors and GPS watches for people who take their health, fitness and sports performance seriously.
Polar have an incredible heritage. Headquartered in Finland they have been the global driving force behind scientific wearables for over 40 years. They are the pioneers in and world leaders in heart rate measurement technology.
Their products provide you with 24/7 monitoring to enable you to plan better, train smarter, recover fully … so you can be at your physical best.
Coming from the heart of the Nordics, they have the experience, insight, and history of quality, design and innovation which is unparalleled. Worn by some of the best athletes on the planet, we’re very excited to have Polar as a partner here so you can also access their heart rate monitors, watches and training platform.
As a starting bonus, the team at Polar are offering 15% off. If it’s time for you to check out a new heart rate monitor or watch to help improve your performance, head across to Polar.com and use the code TPPS on selected products.
2021 Top tip to perform at The Physical Best
To follow Arild TveitenInstagram: @arildt
03:40 Welcome back Arild