The Physical Performance Show: Sam Laidlow
In episode 357 of The Physical Performance Show Brad Beer shares a conversation with Sam Laidlow in this Featured Performer Edition.
In early 2022 Sam finished a very credible 8th place at the Ironman World Championships held in St. George. By year’s end, Sam came out and did what many thought was almost impossible, he took it to the Norwegian train of Kristian Blummenfelt current Olympic Triathlon Champion and Gustav Iden, both dominant Norwegian triathletes in the long course space, Sam picked up a silver medal at the Kona 2022 Ironman World Triathlon championships, and along the way obliterated the bike course record.
It was a stunning performance, one that I rate as one of the greatest I’ve seen in my 30 years in endurance sport.
To listen to Episode 357:
Listen in as we delve into the following:
- Kona and life after the podium finish
- Ironman World Championships reflection
- Sam’s thoughts on Kona 2023 changes
- Sam’s race preparation to building his confidence
- Fuelling and workload leading into Kona
- What Gustav said to Sam after Kona
- First recollection of triathlon
- Sam reflects on his character and personality
- Growing up around triathlon
- Top 3 Time Trial Tips
- Performance Round
- Physical Challenge
- What’s next for Sam
- One thing Sam has learnt about himself
POGO Physio Telehealth Consultations believe that everyone deserves access to complete and remarkable physiotherapy services. Our goal is to get you back to your Physical Best. Find out more about telehealth consultations and book online.
To Follow Sam LaidlowInstagram: @samlaidlow
Twitter: @Sam LAIDLOW