The Physical Performance Show: Dan Lorang – Endurance Coach & Sports Scientist
In episode 356 of The Physical Performance Show Brad Beer shares a conversation with Dan Lorang, Endurance Coach & Sports Scientist in this Coaches Corner Edition.
Daniel Lorang is the Head of Performance and Head Coach at Bora–Hansgrohe, Professional Cycling Team, and Lead Endurance Coach Sports Scientist.
In 2019 Dan became the first coach to have ever coached both the male and female winners, in the same year, at the Kona World Ironman Triathlon Championships with Jan Frodeno and Anne Haug respectively. Alongside Jan and Annie, Dan is also the coach of Lucy Charles Barclay.
To listen to Episode 356:
Listen in as we delve into the following:
- Dan’s bio and background
- Key coaching roles within the high-performance environment
- Key metrics the cyclists would be undergoing in across the season
- What a good working relationship looks like
- Welfare communication between coach and athlete
- Top 3 Characteristics of an endurance athlete
- Top 3 Characteristics of an endurance coach
- Tips around injury minimisation practices
- Key tips around fueling
- Strength and conditioning in endurance sport
- Top recovery tips
- Best Advice
- Physical Challenge
POGO Physio Telehealth Consultations believe that everyone deserves access to complete and remarkable physiotherapy services.
Our goal is to get you back to your Physical Best. Find out more about telehealth consultations and book online.