The Physical Performance Show: Melanie Panayiotou – AUS Marathon Representative
Episode 11: AUS Marathon Representative – Melanie Panayiotou
Brad Beer recently sat down with Melanie Panayiotou – AUS Marathon Representative for Episode 11 of The Physical Performance Show podcast.
Brad has a fire-side chat with Mel, discussing the highs and lows of her journey into the marathon running elite.
To listen to Episode 11
To listen to the full interview on I -Tunes click HERE>>
To listen to the interview on Soundcloud click HERE>>
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to ensure you get our future upcoming exciting guests!
In this episode Mel shares:
- What is the scariest thing that you have done?
- What was the scariest thing that you saw at the zoo?
- What has been the single most running accomplishment to date?
- How did you first get started in sport?
- How Mel got a Commonwealth qualifying time in her first marathon
- Did you always have an interest in veterinary science?
- What was some of your earlier races like?
- How Mel found out that she had a defect in her back
- About Dick Telford, Mel’s coach
- Mel’s Training regime
- How Mel coped with a massive injury
- Missing out on the Rio selections
- Mel’s Favourite things
- What keeps Mel going
- What is on Mel’s personal bucket list
To follow Melanie Panayiotou
Purchase Dick Telford’s book – Running: through the looking glass
|1:05||Welcome Mel Panayiotou|
|1:55||What is the scariest thing that you have done?|
|4:01||What has been the single most running accomplishment to date?|
|5:35||How did you first get started in sport?|
|8:00||How Mel got a Commonwealth qualifying time in her first marathon|
|9:30||Did you always have an interest in veterinary science?|
|10:00||What was some of your earlier races like?|
|13:15||What was your first thought when you were told that you have run a Commonwealth Qualifying time|
|14:30||What do you think it is about Dick Telford that resonates with you|
|16:53||What is the name of the book – running through the looking glass|
|17:00||What does your training look like?|
|19:30||Has there been a dark period in your sporting career?|
|22:55||What is going through your head once you found out about the fractures?|
|24:00||What are the practical steps that you took to reset?|
|26:55||The Rio Selections|
|31:53||Q&A about Mel|
|33:45||What keeps Mel going|
|35:35||What is on your personal bucket list|
|38:30||Thank you and Finish|
For questions and comments about this Episode
Send to to the show host @Brad_Beer (Twitter)