The Physical Performance Show: Jade Neilsen ‘Olympic Swimming Medallist’
Episode 7: Jade Neilsen ‘Olympic Swimming Medallist’
Brad Beer recently sat down with Jade Neilsen ‘Olympic Swimming Medallist’ for Episode 7 of The Physical Performance Show podcast.
Brad has a fire-side chat with Jade, discussing the highs, lows, and everything in between on Jade’s journey to become an Olympic Swimming Medallist.
To listen to Episode 7
To listen to the full interview on I -Tunes click HERE>>
To listen to the interview on Soundcloud click HERE
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to ensure you get our future upcoming exciting guests!
In this episode Jade shares openly around:
- From learn to swim classes at Miami’s Pizzey Park & Surfers Paradise Surf Life Saving Club
- 17yrs making the decision to pursue the international opportunity that swimming presented
- How Jade avoided burn out in junior years and how lesser expectations helped avoid burnout in the junior years/scene
- What basketball superstar Kobe Bryant thought of the Australian swim team’s training ethic
- Why Jade had goose bumps walking into the Olympic village at the London 2012 Olympic Games
- The Olympic Games athlete village food hall and what McDonalds was doing in there!
- The experience of swimming in front of 18,000 people at 21yrs of age
- How Jade navigated the 6hrs day of swimming when preparing for the Olympic Games
- How Jade has transitioned from professional athlete to working ‘non-athlete’ and the associated challenges of this change
- How Jade will feel watching the 2016 Rio Olympic Games
To follow Jade Neilsen
To learn more about Jade click HERE>>
For questions and comments about this Episode
Send to to the show host @Brad_Beer (Twitter)