Shoulder Rehabilitation Exercise- Side Twist Push Ups
Shoulder Rehabilitation Exercise
This is a terrific exercise we use at POGO for shoulder rehabilitation and lower back pain rehabilitation. It is a higher level exercise that would be prescribed once the patient has progressed beyond the acute stage of rehabilitation.
It is also a good core stability and strength exercise for athletes such as runners and triathletes.
Benefits of the Exercise
– Strengthening of the rotator cuff muscles
– Surfers, golfers, and for lower back pain management
Performing the Exercise;
– Start in a normal Push up position
– Ensure spine is in neutral i.e. no dipping into the lower back
– working from 12-30 reps
Points to Note
– controlling through the trunk and hip
– stabilising through the shoulders, the rotator cuff especially
POGO Senior Physiotherapist.
You may also be interested in the following:
SHOULDER PAIN AND INJURY EXERCISE -TRIGGER POINT RELEASES WITH THE POCKET PHYSIO click HERE
SHOULDER PAIN PHYSIOTHERAPY – POGO PHYSIO click HERE