40+ Fitness Podcast: Interview with Brad Beer Running Physio
Recently Brad Beer Running Physio was invited and interviewed on the 40+ Fitness Podcast podcast.
Listen to the Podcast Here>>>
During the podcast, Brad talks about the benefits of running as well as the Five Step Method for Evaluation of running:
What are the benefits of running?
- Cardiovascular fitness
- Increased longevity
- Lower risk of stroke
- Lower blood pressure
- Lower risk of heart disease
- Lower risk of diabetes
- Improvements in body mass index
- Reduction in depression
- Improvement in cognition
Five step method for evaluation of running
- Discovering the running body
- Running with great technique
- Understanding running shoes
- Hips stability
- The power of rest
What’s your running body?
This first step is critical.
Understand your flexibility
- Floppies – Hypermobile individuals. Need strength training to protect their joints.
- Flippies – In the middle of mobility. May need a mix of both strength mobility training,
- Stiffies – Non-mobile individuals. Need mobility training to protect their joints.
Know your optimal body weight for running.
If you’re carrying too much body weight, you’ll be putting too much strain on your joints. Losing a little weight, even if it isn’t body fat, will mean less stress on the body.
Yours in Running,
Brad Beer (APAM)
Author ‘You CAN Run Pain Free!’
Founder POGO Physio