The Physical Performance Show: Mat Rogers – Dual Rugby International
Episode 6: Mat Rogers – Dual Rugby International
Brad Beer recently sat down with Mat Rogers – Dual Rugby International for Episode 6 of The Physical Performance Show podcast.
Brad has a fire-side chat with Mat, discussing the highs, lows, and everything in between on Mat’s journey of a remarkable football career.
To listen to Episode 6
To listen to the full interview on I -Tunes click HERE>>
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to ensure you get our future upcoming exciting guests!
In this episode Mat shares openly around:
- growing up with your Dad as a sporting legend (Steve Rogers)
- his very first training session at the Cronulla Sharks
- telling white lies to pass medical tests to get a start despite serious injury!
- the transition to Rugby Union
- breaking the news to Mat’s terminally ill mother about transitioning from rugby league to rugby union
- the Rugby League Premiership regret of the 1999 Cronulla Sharks team
- why Mat wants his kids to be coachable
- why Mat never felt comfortable or like ‘he had made it’
- how Mat got his Gold Coast Titans start
- why Mat turned down another season playing for the Gold Coast Titans
- Mat’s fondest Wallabies moment
- leaving the Wallabies
- how Mat learnt of the tragic passing of his father
- the one thing Mat remembers most about his father
- what’s on Mat’s sporting list
- why success to Mat has nothing to do with sports
To follow Mat Rogers
For questions and comments about this Episode
Send to to the show host @Brad_Beer (Twitter)