APA Sports and Exercise Physiotherapist
- Clinical Interests: running related injuries, patellofemoral pain, tendinopathy rehabilitation, athletic bone injuries (stress reactions, fractures, low bone mineral density)
- Sports: triathlon, distance running, swimming, surf-life saving.
- Head Physiotherapist, Super League Triathlon Series
- Delivered in excess of 30,000 physiotherapy consultations.
- Best Selling Author ‘You Can Run Pain Free: A Physio’s 5 Step Guide to Enjoying Injury Free and Faster Running‘ (released March 2015, Revised & Expanded 2nd Edition June 2018)
- Media commentator (Gold Coast’s 4CRB and Juice 107.3FM Radio stations, In Motion Magazine, Gold Coast Bulletin, Run for Your Life Magazine)
- Host The Physical Performance Show podcast (regular I-Tunes top 20 Health & Fitness podcast)
- Conference Speaker and Physiotherapy Ambassador.
- Official Physiotherapist for the Gold Coast Airport Marathon.
- Physiotherapist Bahrain Endurance 13 Triathlon Team
- Champion Triathlete: Silver Medallist 2012 ITU World Age Group Triathlon Championships & 2012 Australian Triathlon Champion Olympic Distance (30-34yrs).
- Avid competitive runner: QLD Half Marathon team representative 2016, and 2015 Gold Coast Bulletin Half Marathon Winner.
- Founded My Back’s Physio in 2006, later to become QLD’s first Back In Motion practice (Back In Motion Mermaid Waters).
- Former multi-site franchisee Back In Motion Bundall and Back In Motion Mermaid Waters (2009-2014).
- Former Back In Motion QLD Area Director. Launched Back In Motion Bribie Island and Mt Gravatt.
- 2015 Australian Physiotherapy Association’s I Love My Physio National Winner.
- Finalist in the 2014 and 2015 Gold Coast Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards.
- Winner 2016 and 2018 Gold Coast Business Excellence Awards ‘Health & Wellness’ category monthly award October.
Why did you become a physio?
My interest in physiotherapy began when my running coach referred me to see a terrific physio named Suzanne who lived and hour and a half north of my country town. I was a frustrated and injured junior triathlete with aspirations of progressing out of the junior triathlon ranks into the professional triathlon ranks.
I can’t recall much career coaching while at high school so when my physio said during a consult ‘you’d be a great physio one day’, the seed was sown. Years later I started studying exercise science at the Gold Coast’s Griffith University before transferring into the physiotherapy course.
Physiotherapy was the perfect career in which I could pursue my love for helping people to maximise their physical potential. This passion was borne of my own struggles and frustrations as a junior triathlete.
Brad’s clients include:
- Mat Rogers (dual rugby international) Click HERE>> for the podcast interview
- Mat Belcher 2012 Olympic Gold Medalist 470 class ailing. Click HERE>> for the podcast interview
- Emma Moffatt (dual world triathlon champion, and Beijing 2008 Olympic Bronze Medallist) Click HERE>> for podcast interview
- Jade Nielsen (London 2012 Silver medallist 4x200m freestyle relay) Click HERE>> for podcast interview
- Jordan Harrison (2013 Australian 1500m freestyle swimming champion, and sub 15min swimmer) Click HERE>> for podcast interview
- Bill Chaffey (4x World Para-triathlon Champion) Click HERE>> for podcast interview
- Robbie McEwen (2x Tour de France green jersey winner)
- Shannon Eckstein (8x Australian Ironman Champion, 9 x Kellogs Nutrigrain series champion, 6x World Ironman Champion). Click HERE>> for podcast interview
- Alastair Day (2015 Kellogs Nutrigrain Ironman Series Champion, 4 x Coolangatta Gold Champion) Click HERE>> for podcast interview
- Caine Eckstein (2013/14 Kellogs Nutrigrain Ironman Series Champion, 4 x Coolangatta Gold Champion, World 24hr Pull Up Record Holder) Click HERE>> for podcast interview
- Geoff Wilson (3 x World Adventure Record Holder) Click HERE>> for podcast interview
- Brad Beven (AUS Triathlon Hall of Fame Athlete) Click HERE>> for the podcast interview
- Jordan Mercer (2015/16 Nutri-grain Ironwoman Series Champion) Click HERE>> for the podcast interview
- Max Beattie (4x New Zealand Ironman Champion) Click HERE>> for podcast interview
- Tim Slade (V8 Supercar Driver) Click HERE>> for the podcast interview
- Matt Poole (2016/17) Kellogs Nutri Grain Ironman Champion.
- Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) on the 2014 Brick in the Wall Australian Tour.
Random Q: What is Brad’s favourite can of Tuna: Sirena Soy and Ginger
Weekly Sweat: Brad keeps fit by competing in marathons, triathlons, and surfing
Learn more about Brad’s career and the origins of POGO Physio and why it was created by reading an interview conducted with a US physio commentator.