The Physical Performance Show: Rob de Castella – AUS Marathon Legend & Indigenous Marathon Project Founder
Episode 37: Rob de Castella – AUS Marathon Legend & Indigenous Marathon Project Founder
Brad Beer recently sat down with AUS Marathon Legend & Indigenous Marathon Project Founder – Rob de Castella for Episode 37 of The Physical Performance Show podcast.
Brad has a fire-side chat with Rob who unpacks some great insights for preparation, training and how he got started in marathons. He uncovers the early days of breaking new ground in doing competitive sport, winning Australian of the year in 1983 and his current new found passion on working with The Indigenous Marathon Project.
To listen to Episode 37
To listen to the full interview on I -Tunes click HERE>> for Rob de Castella.
To listen to the interview on Soundcloud click HERE>>
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to ensure you get our future upcoming exciting guests!
In this episode Rob shares:
- Rob’s early days in running
- When Rob found that he started to show promise
- Why running hills were a big part of Rob’s training program
- Three of Rob’s strong attributes
- Having a strong self belief in his abilities
- Quick Fire performance questions
- Why Rob admires Ron Clarke
- Rob’s passion for Marathons
- Rob explains the Indigenous Marathon Project
- A transformational story from the Indigenous Marathon project
- Rob’s Best advice for marathon runners
To follow Rob de Castella
To follow The Indigenous Marathon Project on social
5:00 What scares Rob de Castella the most
10:00 Unpacking the Boston Marathon
15:40 Rob’s early days in Marathons
20:00 When Rob found that he was getting good results
26:00 Rob’s racing stature throughout the 80s
28:17 Why running hills were a big part of Rob’s training program
29:20 Three attributes – Rob is a responder that responds to training
32:30 Having a strong self belief.
36:30 Quick Fire performance questions
37:30 Why Rob admires Ron Clarke
42:45 Rob’s passion for Marathons
48:00 Rob explains the Indigenous Marathon Project
62:00 A transformational story from the project
65:45 Best advice for marathon runners
69:30 Who would Rob have dinner with
For questions and comments about this Episode
Send to the show host @Brad_Beer (Twitter)